The Best Practices podcast features inspiring stories about the future of healthcare from across the MidSouth Practice Transformation Network. Each week we interview a practice leader or subject matter expert and learn valuable lessons about healthcare transformation in the MidSouth.
- Episode 1: 15 Minute Miracle, Part 1. Siloam Health struggled with creating a seamless patient flow process until they implemented team huddles. Listen to their story here.
- Episode 2: 15 Minute Miracle, Part 2. Our resident huddle expert joins us to discuss the nuts and bolts of daily huddles and why the outcomes are worth the effort.
- Episode 3: Intro to Best Practices. In this episode our MidSouth PTN leaders discuss what to expect with the Best Practices Podcast Series and how the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative is changing the future of healthcare.
- Episode 4: Integration that Sticks, Part 1. This first of two part episode interviews a national expert on the foundations of behavioral health integration and how to break down barriers to better mental health.
- Episode 5: Integration that Sticks, Part 2. Our special guest from Terrace Pediatrics shares their transformation story of how they got started with mental health screenings and partnered with a mental health provider to provide whole person care at their practice.
- Episode 6: The Practice of Improvement, Part 1. In this episode we discuss the two quality improvement methods behind most successful transformation stories — Lean Process Improvement and the IHI Model for Improvement.
- Episode 7: The Practice of Improvement, Part 2. Data management and EHR use are critical components of successful QI efforts, but they can be overwhelming. In this episode we discuss tips for smart data measurement.
- Episode 8: Improvement in Practice: Cookeville OBGYN. In this episode we take a deep dive into a quality improvement story to demonstrate how a simple PDSA cycle led this practice to discover an unexpected, yet easily avoidable, cause of ED visits and how they addressed it.
To learn more about any of these topics or for information about how to start a podcast of your own, contact one of our Best Practices co-hosts:
Kirkland Ahern-Jones, MidSouth PTN Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Thomas Spain, MidSouth PTN Director of Practice Transformation, email@example.com