Empower healthcare leaders with the knowledge, resources and partnerships they need to succeed in value-based care through 2020 and beyond.
Want to learn more about VBCU?
Stay up to date on VBCU news and events – join our listserv by emailing MidSouthPTN@vumc.org
October 30th- Clinician Event
Click here to learn more/register for the VBCU clinician event.
August 16th- Front-line Staff Event
- Read about our first successful VBCU event for front-line staff here.
- VBCU 8-16-19 Front-line Staff Event: Slides
- Assessing Practice Readiness – Primary Care Providers_Handout
- Checklist to determine if your primary care practice is ready for an APM.
- Assessing Practice Readiness – Specialty Providers_Handout
- Checklist to determine if your specialty care practice is ready for an APM.
- Enterprise Risk Management- Framework
- The ERM framework for making healthcare risk management decisions.
- Enterprise Risk Management-White Paper
- A full guide on ERM methods specific to healthcare organizations.
- ERM Readiness Assessment Questionnaire
- Checklist to determine if your organization is ready to implement ERM practices.
- RSCAN Results
- The Radiology Support and Alignment Network study on practices that have implemented RSCAN.
Policy and Model Resources
- VBCU APM Slides
- List of available APMs and associated criteria
- History of Healthcare Payment Systems in the US
- A detailed US healthcare payment system timeline.
- History of Healthcare Payment Systems
- A general overview of the US healthcare payment system timeline.
- APM and MIPS graphic
- Comparing APM and MIPS eligibility.
- The Transition from Pay for Volume to Pay for Value
- A simple comparison of “Pay for Volume” verses “Pay for Value”
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- CMS- Primary Care First Model Options
- A payment structure to support delivery of advanced primary care.
- CMS- Primary Care First: Foster Independence, Reward Outcomes
- Primary Care First fact sheet
- CMS- Innovation
- Supports the development and testing of innovative health care payment and service delivery models.
- Innovation Models
- The Innovation Center develops new payment and service delivery models.
- CMS- APMs Overview
- Types of alternative payment models.
- The official US government site for Medicare.
- The official US government site for Medicaid.
- The Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network
- Webinar ET3
- The Emergency Triage, Treat, and Transport (ET3) Model
- Kidney Models
- The Kidney Care First (KCF) and Comprehensive Kidney Care Contracting (CKCC) Graduated, Professional, and Global Model.
- Comprehensive ESRD Care Model
- This model is designed to identify, test, and evaluate new ways to improve care for Medicare beneficiaries with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Four kinds of Medicare savings programs.
- Next Generation ACO Model
- The Next Generation ACO Model offers an exciting opportunity in accountable care.
- Oncology Care Model
- Aims to provide higher quality, more highly coordinated oncology care at the same or lower cost to Medicare.
- Comprehensive Primary Care Plus
- A national advanced primary care medical home model that aims to strengthen primary care through regionally-based multi-payer payment reform and care delivery transformation.
- Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model
- Aims to support better and more efficient care for beneficiaries undergoing the most common inpatient surgeries for Medicare beneficiaries: hip and knee replacements.
- BPCI Advanced
- A new iteration continuing efforts in implementing voluntary episode payment models.
Please contact Kirkland Ahern-Jones at MidSouthPTN@vumc.org or 615-936-0997 for any questions regarding VBCU.